2. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse or the quarter-deck than my own.
5. Quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. Recieve, Obey, and Pass on to the Sentry, who Relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, The Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Day, Officer of the Deck, and officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.
7.Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. Give the alarm in case of Fire or Disorder.
9. Call the Corporal of the guard or Officer of the deck in any case not covered by instructions.
0. Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.